BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dillon it napping and I am jumping at the opportunity!

So I haven't been on here in the past few days. Not a whole lot happening other than the usual, watching Dillon, family time, thinking very hard about packing but not, and helping get the garden up and going. Yesterday, I organized a little lunch for some friends so I could say good-bye. It was fun to see my friends one last time even though I felt like the convo focused on something I wish it wouldn't have. But oh, well. I am leaving tomorrow and I won't have to talk about that topic anymore. I was pleased that I wasn't getting all sad and sappy but that was until Christine came back to the car for one last hug and goodbye and Shelly said it was good getting to know you. I started to get a little teary but held myself together. I would like to think that I will stay in touch with all of my friends and they with me however, I have friends that have moved away and we rarely talk anymore. I am hoping my blogging will help us all stay in touch. Also I don't think any of us have been through something as torturous as nursing school and we all made it together. I for one couldn't have done it without them so maybe our bond is a strong enough to withstand long distance.

I must admit that the past few days of watching Dillon have been a little rough, especially today. Not because of anything he is doing but everyday it seems I have this realization that this will all be over soon. Gone are the days of me getting to play all day, Gone are the morning and afternoon cuddle naps that I have come to love so much (let's not kid ourselves here I have always loved naps and I will probably continue to take them, but I'm afraid it just won't be the same with out my precious angel.) Gone is the little family I have enjoyed being a part of so much. Now I am smart enough to know they are not gone for real and I get to see them a lot over the next year. (I'm pretty sure God had a hand in the timing of all this) However, I can't escape the feeling that I am going to miss out on so much. I have lived in WY since the month before Jen and Bill were married and I have live in this house since before Dillon was born I have watched them grow as a family and I must say I can only hope I am as happy with my new life as they are with theirs. I have learned so much from them and they have been a source of constant support for the past 2 1/2 years. It is going to be very hard for me to drive the opposite direction on Mon.

That said I am super excited at the same time. My life is a roller-coaster. This whole thing is bittersweet. I am stoked to start my life with CJ. We have been apart so long that we both agree that acclimating to one another is going to be fun and challenging. I'm always up for a challenge! We aren't using a step system here, we are going from only talking on the phone to living together. We keep asking the other if they're prepared for this and both of us are. I think it is going to be hilarious! He might want to wear a cup or something I'm afraid that since I will have my human punching bag back he might be in for a little pain. (Please note I do NOT condone partner abuse) We are a couple that enjoys wrestling and sometimes we get pretty physical. To the point of bruises but, none of it is out of anger. It is all fun and we are both consenting.

Well I think my little booger face is awake so I should go and play while I can.

1 comments:

The Keyes Family said...

aww pretty lady, i'm sorry your having a tough bittersweet time. I think change is always tough, but i'm here if you wanna talk ever and i for sure will keep in touch with you way way after you move. lol.good job organizing a lunch with the girls... i wondered whose idea that was. i should have known it would have been you!